How Inbound Marketing can help your company increase traffic, leads and customers.
WHAT IS INBOUND MARKETING?
Marketing has been disrupted. Buyers’ behaviors have changed and they are tuning out traditional marketing tactics. Consumers have learned to do this in order to access the content they want.
How many of these stats apply to you?
- 94% skip TV ads
- 91% unsubscribe from email
- 27% of direct mail is never opened
- 200 million people are on the Do Not Call list
*State of Inbound, HubSpot, 2015
THE OLD MARKETING PLAYBOOK IS BROKEN
In order to attract customers today, marketers have to provide something they will love. This is where Inbound Marketing comes into play.
Inbound Definition: Inbound Marketing is a holistic, data-driven approach to marketing that attracts individuals to your brand and converts them into lasting customers and promoters of your brand.
WHAT MAKES INBOUND DIFFERENT?
Inbound marketing works because it is a more economically efficient way to create the experience that people are looking for instead of paying to interrupt one. When you use inbound marketing, your customers will come to you. Think about marketing with a magnet versus a megaphone. Strangers are attracted to your content where they are turned into customers and then ultimately into promoters of your business.
inbound marketing is all about content
It allows you to bring strangers to your website with various forms of content such as blogs, photos, infographics, videos, podcasts, presentations, eBooks and more!
inbound marketing is also all about context
By publishing the right content, in the right place, at the right time, your marketing becomes relevant and helpful to your customers…not interruptive. Now that’s marketing that people can love!
INBOUND MARKETING IS MULTI-CHANNEL MARKETING
It accounts for where people are in their buying journey and how they want to interact with you. This includes:
• Keyword Search
• Landing Pages
• Marketing Automation
• Social Media
All of these channels combine into the Inbound Funnel.
The basic concept is the use of blogging, SEO and social media to pull traffic to your site, then calls-to-action, landing pages and forms to convert those strangers into leads. Those leads are then nutured to become customers using automated emails and lead intelligence. Once these leads become customers, you will continue to delight them with relevant content to turn them into promoters. To wrap it all up, you constantly analyze the data to replicate what worked and improve what didn’t.
INBOUND IS EFFECTIVE
• 54% more leads are generated by Inbound than traditional paid marketing.
• Companies are 3x as likely to see higher ROI on Inbound Marketing campaigns than on outbound.
• Inbound efforts achieve higher ROI than outbound regardless of total marketing spend.
• Inbound Marketing works across all industry types and is the marketing approach of choice. (Figure 1)
• Inbound is the dominant marketing strategy for companies with fewer than 200 people. (Figure 2)
• 3 out of 4 marketers across the globe prioritize an inbound approach to marketing.
• Marketing teams who can calculate ROI are 1.6x as likely to receive higher budgets.
• 81% of small businesses are predominantly using Inbound Marketing. (Figure 3)
• Of the companies with an Inbound Marketing budget in place the previous year, 72% are able to increase their Inbound Marketing budget for the next year. (Figure 4)
• Inbound marketing practices provided the highest quality leads for the sales team. (Figure 5)
HOW CAN I MAKE INBOUND WORK FOR MY COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION?
There are many marketing channels with a different tool for each. Trying to manage a campaign across all of these different platforms can take up a lot of time and resources, and that can lower effectiveness.
If you are ready to transform the way you attract, engage and delight customers, then it’s time to put Inbound Marketing to work for your company.
As a Certified HubSpot Agency Partner, MADE has the training, knowledge and experience to guide you through your Inbound journey. Our Certified Inbound professionals know what it takes to execute the most effective campaigns to increase traffic to your website and generate leads for your business.
Download a PDF version of this Inbound Marketing 101 White Paper below.